Hiya Lovelies! This is a Q&A with one of my close (And ranged high on favorites) blogger buddies! She is such a sweet person, and I hope you come to love her as much as I do!
She jumped at the chance to do this for me, so I owe her a big thank you! Hope Y’all enjoy! 😀
Hi! I’m Abby Rose, a 17-year-old blogger, author, writer, worship violinist and letter writer. I am the founder of Truly Beautiful (www.worthmorethangoldsite.wordpress.com) and Lovely Letters Ministry (www.lovelylettersministry.wordpress.com) + the author of A Letter For The One (book available on Amazon). You can find me either writing, singing or making flower crowns + exploring on the ranch I live on. A few things I love are the color yellow + blue, sunflowers, llamas, leather journals, painting and the mountains + stars!
1. Name a book that spoke to you on a personal level. What is this book? And why did it stand out to you?
Uninvited by Lysa Terkeurst. I have always struggled with feeling “uninvited” by others, so this book definitely taught me so many valuable truths on how to anchor my worth in who God says I am.
2. What is a missed opportunity you wished you had taken?
Reaching out to people + going beyond my comfort zone. There have been moments where I’ve let fear keep me from talking or sitting by someone and I missed opportunities to encourage someone or make a friend.
3. What do you look for in a close friend?
Someone who loves and lives for the Lord! More specifically, someone who is faithful, honest and kind. Someone whose friendship will lead me closer to Christ and challenge me in my walk with Him.
4. To show someone you love them, are you likely to use actions, words, or a different method?
Definitely words! Either through a letter, text, email or social media caption, I like to best express my feelings through words. I also like to make gifts for people! (Especially, homemade!)
5. When you are feeling down, what are some things that cheer you up?
Putting my phone away, grabbing God’s word and my journal! Opening up to a Psalm and writing down what things God speaks to me and uses to encourage me. I also love to grab my ukulele and play it or go outside and paint or read.
6. Flip-flops or sandals?
7. What is your favorite movie?
My favorite classic is Anne of Green Gables.
8. Chocolate or Strawberry?
Ughm, probably chocolate! But in some cases, strawberry. It just depends!
9. When you are sad, what are three things that almost always make you happy again?
10. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done\said to you? Why did it impact you so much?
One of the nicest things someone has ever done is one of my internet besties bought me a bunch of ingredients and sent them to me because I have food allergies and needed special flours and ingredients to bake to suit my allergies. It impacted me so much because she did it just simply to bless me, expecting nothing in return!
11. If you could back in time, what would you say to yourself at five, ten, and thirteen?
Five years old; keep smiling, singing and dancing to all that life brings! Keep that joy.
Ten: you don’t have to be loved and accepted by everyone. You are loved by God and that is all you need. It will make sense one day.
Thirteen: you could never begin to imagine all the beautiful things God has prepared for you. Keep going! You’re about to experience miraculous things.
12. Who inspires you most in life?
Stories from various people inspire me most. I love seeing the person on the side of the road talking to a homeless man, the girl who sits with the one who sits alone, the cashier that smiles at every customer. Small, gentle, kind acts that make the world a better place.
13. Have you ever felt forsaken by the Lord?
There was a time in my life where I became extremely sick and could hardly leave the house. I felt spiritually, physically and mentally drained and often felt like the Lord had forsaken me. I was constantly reminded that God has promised He will never leave me and His promises are true, I was never alone. He still had a plan in the midst of that hard time and has used it as a testimony I can share with others.
14. Are there area’s in your life that need to trust in Him? What are those?
Definitely, anything to do with public speaking and being on the stage in front of people! I have been on the stage my entire life, but I always get nervous and fearful before I walk on stage. I always fast and pray before I sing, play, act or speak on stage. I have to constantly rely on trusting Him in those times!
15. What is your favorite scripture?
One of my favorites is 2 Cor. 12:9!
16. What person in the Bible (aside from Jesus) has inspired you and strengthened you?
The story of Moses has always inspired me! The way God uses Him in spite of His weaknesses has taught me that God doesn’t give up on me! I don’t have to be perfect to be loved by perfect love.
17. List three areas in your life that you are weakest. Does the Lord help you with these?
- Going out of my comfort zone. God constantly pulls me beyond the shore into the waves.
- Letting go. I always want to hold on and take control. It’s harder for me to surrender, let go and move on.
- Being bold. Sorta like my comfort zone, but I have to pray for boldness to do all God has called me to do.
18. Do you think your blogging has brought you closer to the Lord?
OH YES! Some of my biggest experiences and lessons have been put into word-form and posted on my blog. By blogging, I’m not only able to connect with wonderful sisters in Christ around the world, but also look back on how far God has brought me. It’s a passion of mine too and brings me so much joy.
19. If you could live the life of someone in the Bible, who would it be, and why?
Mary. Such a hard life to live, but what a miracle that was born through her!
20. Pizza or popcorn?
PIZZA! My favorite food!
21. Do you think you are confident? Why do you think that?
I am fully confident that the Lord has placed me on this earth for a reason and I am who He says I am! I am empowered to do all things for His glory through Him, and I have no reason to fear!
22. Sunset or sunrise? Why?
Sunrise. It reminds me of “His mercies that are brand new”.
23. Hug or handshake?
Hug! I’m the most awkward at handshakes! And I really love squishy hugs!!
24. Describe yourself in two words. What are they and why?
Passionate – I am VERY passionate about defending the truth and fighting for what is right.
Go-getter. I am constantly looking for ways to do more and achieve more and learn more.
25. Bare feet or fuzzy socks?
FUZZY SOCKS!!! (Unless it’s hot!)
26. What is your favorite season? Why?
Autumn! I like to use the words crisp and cozy to describe it. Although I love spring and flowers, autumn reminds me more that life comes in seasons and even in the dead times, there is still beauty.
27. What is your favorite smell in the whole world? And how would you describe it?
Ooohhhh goodness, probably the smell of Christmas trees! It just reminds me of so much happiness!!!!
28. How would you tell a blind friend, what the sky looks like?
“Imagine soft and delicate, the feeling you get when you’re really happy and have no worries in the world.”
29. Ocean or lake? Why?
I would have to say a lake! Although they’re smaller, they remind me of gentle beauty.
Whenever you can, check out her blogs! They are awesome!